Give your table a coastal vibe with this DIY dollar store coastal centerpiece. This dollar tree craft only took 15 minutes to put together and costs less than $5 to make so it’s a quick and easy project. You can get everything but the e6000 glue at Dollar Tree. The glue you can find at Walmart for few dollars.
It’s a perfect summer decoration for your patio table or your dining room table. Add a white candle inside for an elegant look. This coastal decoration will bring the beach to you on a budget. It would also make a great (and super affordable) centerpiece for a beach themed wedding.
All you have to do is glue the vase to the candle holder base, wrap twine around the bottom and top (if you want) and add your coastal accents inside the centerpiece. It’s a super simple dollar store craft that anyone can do!
If you are fortunate to live near the beach like me, you can get the shells and sand for free, but if not, Dollar Tree does sell both items!
DIY Dollar Store Coastal Centerpiece Customization Ideas:
- use rope instead of twine for a more nautical look
- give the glass a frosted look with frosted spray paint
- add pebbles, candles, other accents inside the vase.
- use a natural raffia bow around the middle
- add a few sprigs of sea grass for a layered look….the green will make the colors pop!
- make a burlap bow to put on the base
- add some clear gems or sea glass
DIY Dollar Store Coastal Centerpiece
- 1 glue gun
- 2 glue sticks
- pair of scissors
- 1 glass hurricane vase
- 1 glass taper candleholder
- cotton twine
- E6000 glue
- Glue the bottom of the vase to the base of the taper candleholder using the E6000 glue. Regular hot glue does not hold well on glass. Let dry for 24 hours.
- Glue twine around the stem of the centerpiece, wrapping all the way down to the bottom
- Loop the twine around the top of the vase, if you'd like (optional)
- Fill with sand, shells, pebbles, candles, etc.