Get the coastal look on a budget with this dollar store DIY coastal wall art decoration that takes less than 30 minutes to make and requires less than $5 in supplies.
This coastal decoration is made from this shadow box decoration. All you have to do is dismantle and painted it. Then, just add the burlap and shell to it. It already comes with hanging hardware in the back so it’s ready to hang!
You could even choose to use it as a centerpiece on a table or as a tiered tray decoration. There are tons of uses for it beyond just a wall decoration.
This adorable costal wall art idea will go great in an entry way above your table. You can create 3 coastal wall art pieces and put them next to each other on your wall. Add a $10 DIY wood lantern with tall candle inside and a few coastal figurines on either side. Then, you have a coastal themed entryway on a budget so you are reminded of the beach every time you come home!
Coastal DIY Dollar Store Wall Art Customization Ideas:
- give it a weathered look by distressing it using stain and sandpaper.
- switch out the burlap fabric with another fabric
- Mod Podge some sand on the white backing and use that as the backdrop for the shell.
- paint the frame a different color than white such as sea foam green or a rustic brown.
Coastal DIY Dollar Store Wall Art
- hot glue gun and 1/2 glue stick
- pair of scissors
- 1 shadow box
- 1 piece burlap
- white chalk paint
- 1 large shell
- remove the 3D image from the shadow box and dismantle it by removing the backing.
- Paint the shadow box frame and backing white and let it dry.
- Measure the size of the backing and cut out a piece of burlap in the same size.
- Glue the burlap fabric to the backing along the edges.
- Glue the shell in the center of the burlap backing.
- Glue the backing into the slot in the back, going along the border of the whole thing so it stays securely in place.